Sunday, September 11, 2011

Football Snacks

I woke up in an awesome mood yesterday, however it was a tad early at 3:30am, so I decided to cook for the Iowa game.  I would really rather not even mention yesterday's Hawk game, but it simply cannot be avoided.  My Hawks lost in triple over-time.  Needless to say after stuffing my belly all morning, the loss was a huge disappointment and inspired a nap as soon as ISU scored that finally touchdown.  It was a truly exciting game with an outcome we Hawkeye fans haven't seen in three years. 

Our friends, Brice and Shannon came over to watch the game with us.  Shannon brought a delicious Buffalo Chicken Dip that will definitely make the football snack list in this house!  I loved it!

I started our morning off with my mother's classic Monkey Bread recipe and added walnut pieces.




A raw veggie platter came next with a homemade Dill Dip my family loves!  Halftime brought Seven Layer Taco Dip and Crockpot Pulled Pork Sandwiches.


Seven Layer Taco Dip

What you'll need:

Large Can Refried Beans
1 Taco Seasoning Packet
16 oz. Cream Cheese
8 oz. Sour Cream
Salsa

Shredded Cheddar
Lettuce
Tomato
Onion
Black Olives
....and whatever else you may want to throw on.

First layer:

Mix refried beans and spread over a 9x13 baking dish.


Second Layer:

Mix sour cream and cream cheese and spread over beans.


Third and Fourth Layer:

Spread salsa over the cream cheese mixture and then sprinkle shredded cheddar over the salsa.  This helps keep the next layer, lettuce from wilting.


Fifth, Sixth, and Seventh Layers:

The last layers are your veggies, lettuce, tomato, onion.  And lastly, cheese and black olives.







No comments:

Post a Comment