Saturday, August 6, 2011

Smoked Chicken and Country Style Smoked Ribs

Hectic, does not even begin to describe this last week, but needless to say, I survived.  It didn't leave much time for blogging and as I sit here today for the life of me I cannot remember what I even cooked last week.

I had to consult my photos....






Okay, so I haven't taken any photos either, the above are last Sunday.  This weeks meals are lost in the abyss.....

Today I am going to break out the BBQ and smoke some country style ribs and boneless chicken. I have a vision of a dessert, just not sure how I am going to construct it.  Thinking chocolate mocha brownies on the bottom, a layer of cheesecake, then chocolate sauce and topping it off whip cream and chocolate shavings....I do not have a recipe....just a vision.  Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake Pie? 

My love of good cheese always takes me to pasta or potatoes for side dishes.  Asiago, Parmesan, and Romano are my "go-to" cheeses and I tend to splurge for the good stuff, as it is SO GOOD!  A variation of a potato skin is on the agenda using my three amigos and perhaps some cheddar, bacon and ranch seasoning.  Topped with sour cream and chives.  Homemade coleslaw will be the other side I serve tonight with my smoked chicken and ribs. 

Happy Cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment