Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hot and Humid Can Only Mean BLT's

Last night was the last night of cool weather, today heat and humidity has resumed.  Last night I made one of my mother's classic meals.  Fried pork chops, boiled potatoes and gravy, and sweet corn.  It was just as delicious as I remember growing up!


Tonight, a twist on the classic BLT.  I like to add some fresh avocado with my lettuce and tomato to give it an extra kick.  A sweet macaroni salad and fresh fruit salad will be perfect side and refreshing for this icky weather.  The macaroni salad recipe comes from a dear friend of mine, Pat Blackledge.  I will post the macaroni and fruit salad recipes later today.  Wasn't even able to post yesterday, but will find time later tonight to get these recipes out, they are must haves for any backyard bbq, family reunion, or afternoon picnic.

No comments:

Post a Comment